Monday, August 4, 2014

Adventure is out there...

I have been on many plane flights, but I must say I have never been this nervous.  They say do something uncomfortable every day and today I will start a solo adventure to Europe.  The European travel is not as uncomfortable as travelling solo.  I will be meeting friends along the way and hope to make many new ones.

As we taxi from the gate, there are a million things running through my mind, but I hope that once my feet hit the ground the anxiety will fade to wonderment and excitement.

Why Europe?  Why the solo adventure?
Since high school, I have always wanted to travel through Europe with just a backpack.  There were so many places in Europe that I had heard about, so many significant historical sites, so many different cultures in the same geographic area of the US, and such a close geopolitical relationship with the US.  As far as the backpack, I added that on as I saw the amount of my "stuff" grow and grow.  I felt it would be a good experience to live minimally and test my ability to live without all the "stuff".  Like I alluded to earlier, travelling alone will be slightly uncomfortable, but it will give me time to truly reflect on my experiences and update this blog. :)

With these initial thoughts, my adventure begins!



1 comment:

  1. Glad for you!
    Enjoy your adventure as much as you can.
    I am sure that it is gonna be amazing
    Raf

    ReplyDelete